Saturday, May 12, 2012

cheesecake

I think I might have just made my best cheesecake ever!  At least it looks like the best one yet - I was finally able to get the crust as high as the filling!!!

I started making cheesecakes about 3 years ago when I decided to make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving one year.  Upon doing a search online, I discovered alpineberry.  I think I have made just about all of her cheesecakes and some of her other yummy treats.

Since then, I have branched out a bit... tried various recipes... and discovered one that I like: Classic Cheesecake.  I do have to mention that I first found this recipe in an issue of Fine Cooking magazine (not online)... and what was so cool about it is that this cheesecake was presented as the basic recipe with which you could change it up slightly by simply adding various flavorings and add-ins.  When I follow this recipe to make a basic cheesecake, the only thing I add is 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice.

To dress it up a bit (and to make it super-duper-delicious), I top it with homemade caramel sauce.  There is no picture to go with this post because, try as I might, I'm not anywhere close to good at taking pictures of food... and it's still in the springform pan until tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment