Monday, May 28, 2012

gravy

There have been many days in this May challenge that I have remembered to post AFTER getting in bed, turning off the light, and getting comfy.  So when this occurred last night, making the decision to skip the day's post was just... well... gravy.  Not only was I comfy, I was in full spoon mode... and it really was a no-thought-involved, split second decision that I was absolutely okay with.  The funny thing is, I don't know if it's because I'm feeling 100% better (finally), or if it's because I allowed myself to skip a day, but I feel like my love of writing is back!  Something to be said for quality vs. quantity.  I'm glad May, and this challenge, is almost over.

And speaking of gravy, I made some this morning!  I have really, REALLY been craving biscuits and gravy lately... and although I just had some while having brunch with my good friend, Jodi, at Bakery Bar last week, I wanted more.  I'm not sure why I haven't thought to make some before... after all, we make biscuits for breakfast from time to time... and in keeping our freezer stocked with products from NorthStar Bison, there is always breakfast sausage to be had.  I used this simple recipe: White Sausage Gravy.  Delicious!

On a side note, while eating our biscuits and gravy this morning, we saw a news clip about hot tub boats.  Um, yeah - gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment